Complete the sentences. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. It was warm, so I __________ off my coat. (take)
2. The film wasn't very good. I __________ it very much. (enjoy)
3. I knew Kate was very busy, so I __________ her. (disturb)
4. I was very tired, so I _______ to bed early. (go)
5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I ____________ very well. (sleep)
6. Fabiola wasn't hungry, so she _____________ anything. (eat)
7. We went to Laila's house but she __________ at home. (be)
8. It was a funny situation but nobody _________ . (laugh)
9. The window was open and a bird ____________ into the room. (fly)
10. The hotel wasn't very expensive. It __________ very much. (cost)
11. I was in a hurry, so I ____________ time to phone you. (have)
12. It was very hard work carrying the bags. They _____________ very heavy. (be)
1. I ____(work) in a cafe for ten years.
2. Where ____(you/live) when you were young?
3. She ____ (not/study) Russian at university.
4. He ____ (travel) through the middle east last year.
5. ____ (they/visit) the Louvre in Paris?
6. She ____ (not/watch) the film yesterday.
7. We ____ (buy) a new car last weekend.
8. Where ____ (you/teach) before you came here?
9. He ____ (not/think) that he was right.
10. I ____ (cook) steak last night.
11. ____ (John/read) 'War and Peace' at school?
12. She ____ (not/write) to her grandfather.
13. We ____ (have) a computer when I was a child.
14. Where ____ (you/go) on holiday?
15. I ____ (love) ice cream when I was a child.
16. They ____(not/meet) yesterday.
17. ____ (she/swim) in the sea in Ukraine?
18. We ____ (not/play) tennis yesterday because it was raining.
19. He ____(try) to lift the box but he couldn't.
20. What ____ (you/eat) for dinner?
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Видео урок к этому упражнению