Put the word in brackets into the correct form.
1. After we ___ (finish) lunch, we went out.
2. The garden died because it ___ (be) dry all summer.
3. She ___ (meet) him somewhere before.
4. They were late for the plane because they ___ (forget) our passports.
5. She told me she ___ (study) a lot before the test.
6. The grass was yellow because it ___ (not/rain) for a long time.
7. The lights went off because they ___ (not/pay) the electricity bill.
8. The kids ___ (not/do) their homework, so they were in trouble.
9. We ___ (not/eat) so we went to a restaurant.
10. We couldn’t go into the concert because we ___ (not/buy) our tickets.
11. She said that she ___ (visit) Ukraine before.
12. She ___ (not/use) messanger before, so I showed her how to use it.
Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps in the correct tense – Past Perfect or Simple Past.
1. After Alex __ (spend) his holiday in Spain he __ (want) to learn Japanese.
2. Sveta __ (phone) Tolik at work before she __ (leave) for her trip.
3. Tanya __ (turn on) the TV after she __ (wash) the dishes.
4. When he __ (arrive) the match already __ (start).
5. After Lilia __ (come) home he __ (feed) the cat.
6. Before he __ (sing) a song he __ (play) the guitar.
7. He __ (watch) a video after the children __ (go) to bed.
8. After Maxim __ (make) breakfast he __ (phone) his friend.
9. I __ (be) very tired because I __ (study) too much.
10. They __ (ride) their bikes before they __ (meet) their friends.
Видео урок к этому упражнению