Participle clauses reason, result, condition, time, sequence
Причастный оборот помогает нам сократить предложение, не меняя его смысла. Такие обороты помогают нам указать в предложениях на причину, результат, условие и время.
- Because I am familiar with the topic I missed the lesson. – Being familiar with the topic, I missed the lesson.
- There were a lot of protestors. As a result, many cars couldn’t move. – There were a lot of protestors, preventing cars from moving.
- If you give us enough time and resources, we will do it on time. – Given enough time and resources, we will do it on time.
- As I open the book I found an old photo. – Opening the book, I found an old photo.
- After I had paid for the tickets, I walked into the exhibition room. – Having paid for the tickets, I walked into the exhibition room.Упражнения к этому уроку