Asking for directions
- Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to ____?
- Excuse me, do you know where the ____ is?
- I'm looking for ____
- Is this the right way to ____?
- Is this the way to ?
- Can you show me on the map here?
- How do I get to ____?
- What's the best way to ____?
- Where is ____?
- Yes, sure.
- Yes, certainly.
- Yes, or course.
- Yeah, no problem.
- I'm sorry, I don't know.
- I’m sorry, I’m not from here.
- I’m afraid I can’t help you.
- Sorry, I don’t know much around here.
- The easiest way is to…
- The quickest way is to…
- The best way is to…
- Go straight on ____ Street.
- Go along ____ Street.
- Go down ____ Street.
- Follow ____ Street for 300 metres / until you get to (reach) the church.
- Turn left / right into ____ Street.
- Take the first (or second, third) turning on the right / left.
- Take the first / second road on the left / right
- Go past the cinema.
- Go along the river.
- Go over the bridge.
- Go through the park.
- Go towards the supermarket.
- Go up the hill.
- Go down the hill.
- Cross ____ Street.
- Turn back.
- Go back.
- The ____ is opposite the church.
- The ____ is between the church and the pet shop.
- The ____ is on/at the corner.
- The ____ is in front of the church.
- The ____ is behind the church.
- The ____ is next to the church.
- The ____ is beside the church.
- The ____ is near the church.
- After that
- When you get to ____ go ____
- Follow me. I’ll show you the way.
- Do you want me to show you this on a map?
- It’s just around the corner.
- It’s not far.
- It’s a bit of a way.
- It takes a while.
- It’s about a five minute walk.
- It’s about a twenty minute bus ride.
For a driver
- Stay in the left / right lane.
- Turn right at the next street.
- Get in the right lane.
- Go one more block. Then turn right.
- At the next traffic lights turn ____
- It’s going to be on your right.