1. Fill the gaps with the correct tenses.
1. I (learn) __ English for eight years now.
2. Last year I (not / work) __ hard on English grammar, that's why my marks (not / be) __ so good.
3. During my last summer holidays, my parents (send) __ me on a language course to the English4real language school.
4. It (be) __ nice and I (believe) __ I (learn) __ a lot then.
5. Before I (go) __ to that course, I (not / enjoy) __ learning English.
6. When I (do) __ the language course, I (make) __ some friends.
7. There I (notice) __ how important it (be) __ to be able to build an argument and express yourself.
8. Now I (have) __ much more progress in learning English than I (have) __ before I started the course.
9. At the moment I (review) __ English grammar.
10. I (start / already) __ to revise the texts in my English textbooks again to check if I (study) __ the vocabulary well.
11. I (think) __ I (do) __ one module every day.
12. My final test (be) __ on 25 December, so there (not / be) __ much time left.
13. If I (do) __ my test well, I (buy) __ myself a nice present.
14. Then, maybe I (go) __ to visit my grandparents.
15. By 2050, I believe I (write) __ a book about my life and experience.
2. Put the verbs into the correct tenses.
1. Andrey is tired because he __ (work) all day.
2. By 1960 most of Britain’s old colonies __ (become) independent.
3. Denis broke his leg when he __ (ski) last week.
4. __ (you/have) a nice time in Odessa?
5. __ (you/finish) your homework yet?
6. He __ (be) at his computer for six hours.
7. How long __ (she/have) that car?
8. How many people __ (die) in the fire yesterday?
9. I __ (not/know) much about art, but I like some artists.
10. I __ (wait) for ages when finally the bus arrived.
11. I __ (receive) a postcard from Yana yesterday.
12. I __ (correct) all morning, I’m exhausted.
13. I __ (never/be) sailing, what’s it like?
14. It was late. Most of the shops __ (close) .
15. It __ (rain) when I got up this morning.
16. Zhanna __ (start) a new job in September.
17. Nastya __ (have) a great time in New York at the moment.
18. She was cooking dinner when we __ (arrive) .
19. She __ (just/come) back from a Mediterranean cruise.
20. My husband __ (be) free for most of the afternoon.
21. The children were tired because they __ (swim) in the pool all afternoon.
22. They__ (go) to spend six weeks in Poland.
23. We can use the car, I __ (repair) it.
24. We were tired because we __ (be) to a party the night before.
25. We __ (be) too late for the train, it had just left.
26. When I got the airport I realized I __ (forget) my passport.
27. As soon as they __ (arrive) we had dinner.
28. When they were driving home last night they __ (see) a terrible accident.
29. Where __ (Roman / live) now?
30. Who __ (Maria / talk) to?
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.