Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect continuous).
1. We __ (sleep) for 10 hours when she woke us up.
2. They __ (wait) at the station for 60 minutes when the bus finally arrived.
3. We __ (look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
4. I __ (not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
5. How long __ (learn / she) English before she went to London?
6. Boris caught the flu because he __ (walk) in the rain too long.
7. She __ (drive) less than an hour before she ran out of petrol.
8. They were very tired in the evening because they __ (work) on the farm all day.
9. I __ (not/work) all day. So I wasn't tired and went to friends later.
10. They __ (cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
Put the verbs into the correct form (past simple or past perfect/continuous).
1. I __ (wait) for three hours so I was really glad when the bus finally __ (arrive).
2. Why __ (be) the baby's face so dirty? She __ (eat) chocolate.
3. I __ (see) Vanya yesterday, but he __ (run) so he was too tired to chat.
4. It __ (rain) and the road __ (be) covered with puddles.
5. When I __ (arrive) it was clear she __ (work). There were disks all over the table and books everywhere.
6. They __ (study) all day so when we __ (meet) they were exhausted.
7. The boss __ (talk) to clients via Skype for two hours so he __ (want) a break.
8. I __ (drink) coffee all morning. By lunchtime, I__ (feel) really weird.
9. Julia __ (want) a new car, so she was really pleased when she __ (buy) one.
10. I __ (dream) about a holiday in Italy. I couldn't believe it when my wife __ (book) one as a surprise!
Видео урок к этому упражнению