Put the word in brackets into the correct form.
1. After we _had finished_ (finish) lunch, we went out.
2. The garden died because it _had been_ (be) dry all summer.
3. She _had met_ (meet) him somewhere before.
4. They were late for the plane because they _had forgotten_ (forget) our passports.
5. She told me she _had stadied_ (study) a lot before the test.
6. The grass was yellow because it _hadn't rained_ (not/rain) for a long time.
7. The lights went off because they _hadn't paid_ (not/pay) the electricity bill.
8. The kids _hadn't done__ (not/do) their homework, so they were in trouble.
9. We _hadn't eaten_ (not/eat) so we went to a restaurant.
10. We couldn’t go into the concert because we _hadn't bought_ (not/buy) our tickets.
11. She said that she _had visited_ (visit) Ukraine before.
12. She _hadn't used_ (not/use) messanger before, so I showed her how to use it.
Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps in the correct tense – Past Perfect or Simple Past.
1. After Alex _had spent_ (spend) his holiday in Spain he _wanted_ (want) to learn Japanese.
2. Sveta _had phoned_ (phone) Tolik at work before she _left_ (leave) for her trip.
3. Tanya _turned_ (turn on) the TV after she _had washed_ (wash) the dishes.
4. When he _arrived_ (arrive) the match _had_ already _started_ (start).
5. After Lilia _had_ (come) home she _fed_ (feed) the cat.
6. Before he _sang_ (sing) a song he _had played_ (play) the guitar.
7. He _watched_ (watch) a video after the children _had gone_ (go) to bed.
8. After Maxim _had made_ (make) breakfast he _phoned_ (phone) his friend.
9. I _was_ (be) very tired because I _had studied_ (study) too much.
10. They _had ridden_ (ride) their bikes before they _met_ (meet) their friends.
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Tenses - Времена
Present Simple • Page 2 • Page 3
Present Continuous • Page 2 • Page 3
Past Simple • Page 2 • Page 3 • Page 4 • Page 5
Present Perfect • Page 2 • Page 3 • Page 4
Present Simple vs Present Continuous • Page 2 • Page 3 • Page 4
Past Simple vs. Present Perfect • Page 2
Past Simple vs. Past Continuous • Page 2
Future with will vs. Future with (be) going to • Page 2
To be going to or not be going to