Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect continuous).
1. We _had been sleeping_ (sleep) for 10 hours when she woke us up.
2. They _had been waiting_ (wait) at the station for 60 minutes when the bus finally arrived.
3. We _had been looking_ (look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
4. I _hadn't been walking_ (not/walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
5. How long _had she been learning_ (learn/she) English before she went to London?
6. Boris caught the flu because he _had been walking_ (walk) in the rain too long.
7. She _had been driving_ (drive) less than an hour before she ran out of petrol.
8. They were very tired in the evening because they _had been working_ (work) on the farm all day.
9. I _hadn't been working_ (not/work) all day. So I wasn't tired and went to friends later.
10. They _had been cycling_ (cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
Put the verbs into the correct form past simple or past perfect/continuous.
1. I _had been working_ (wait) for three hours so I was really glad when the bus finally _arrived_ (arrive).
2. Why _was_ (be) the baby's face so dirty? She _had been eating_ (eat) chocolate.
3. I _saw_ (see) Vanya yesterday, but he _had been running_ (run) so he was too tired to chat.
4. It _had been raining_ (rain) and the road _was_ (be) covered with puddles.
5. When I _arrived_ (arrive) it was clear she _had been working_ (work). There were disks all over the table and books everywhere.
6. They _had been studying_ (study) all day so when we _met_ (meet) they were exhausted.
7. The boss _had been talking_ (talk) to clients via Skype for two hours so he _wanted_ (want) a break.
8. I _had been drinking_ (drink) coffee all morning. By lunchtime, I _felt_ (feel) really wierd.
9. Julia _had wanted_ (want) a new car, so she was really pleased when she _bought_ (buy) one.
10. I _had been dreaming_ (dream) about a holiday in Italy. I couldn't believe it when my wife _booked_ (book) one as a surprise!
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Tenses - Времена
English Language Practice
Практические задания по грамматике, вокабуляру, аудированию, чтению, разговору и письму на четырех уровнях - начальном, ниже среднего, среднем и выше среднего.