Write a question for each situation.
1. Irina looks sunburnt.
You ask: (you/sit in the sun?) Have you been sitting in the sun?
2. You have just arrived to meet a girlfriend who is waiting for you.
You ask: (you / wait / long?) _How long have you been waiting_
3. You meet a friend in the street. Her face and hands are very dirty.
You ask: (what / you / do?) _What have you been doing_
4. A friend of yours is now living in Khreschatic street.
You want to know ¨How long … ?´
You ask: how long / you / live / in Khreschatic street? _How long have you been living in Khreschatic street_
5. A friend tells you about his job – he sells computers.
You want to know ´How long …?´
You ask: (how long / you / sell / computers?) _How long have you been selling computers_
Put the verbs in present perfect continuous.
1. He (work) has been working in this company since 1995.
2. I (wait) _have been waiting_ for you since three o'clock.
3. Mary (live) _has been living_ in Germany since 1992.
4. Why is he so tired? He (play) _has been playing_ football for five hours.
5. How long (learn / you) _have you been learning_ English?
6. We (look for) _have been looking_ the motorway for more than two hours.
7. I (live) _have been living_ without electricity for three weeks.
8. The film (run / not) _hasn't been running_ for ten minutes yet, but there's a commercial break again already.
9. How long (work / he) _has he been working_ in the garden?
10. He (not / be) _hasn't been_ in the garden for more than an hour.
Write sentences in present perfect continuous.
1. the cat / the mouse / chase _the cat has been chasing the mouse_
2. he / the homework / copy _he has been copying the homework_
3. they / a new garden / take care _they have been taking care of the garden_
4. they / in a forum / chat / not _they have not been chatting in a forum_
5. Ruslan / on the task / concentrate / not _Ruslan hasn't been concentrating on the task_
Write questions in present perfect continuous.
1. Dmitriy / paint __
2. the secretary / the documents / print out __
3. we / a room / share __
4. the dog / run around / how long __
5. she / at the door / knock / how long __
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Tenses - Времена