Correct answers are indicated.
1. I _had to_ go to see the doctor last week because I was very ill.
(a) must (b) must to (c) had to
2. I could _have_ bought that car but I didn't have enough money to pay for the petrol.
(a) had (b) have (c) have to
3. I _must_ go now because I am already late for my class.
(a) must (b) had (c) have
4. I may _be_ able to come to your party if I have the time.
(a) be (b) being (c) being to
5. Do you _have to_ clean the house every day or every week?
(a) must (b) have (c) have to
6. I _can_ speak French without a problem now because I have had many lessons.
(a) may (b) can (c) have
7. They _don't have to_ do their homework today because it is a holiday at the school.
(a) must not (b) don't have (c) don't have to
8. I _ought to_ help you with your shopping because you have a lot of bags.
(a) ought (b) ought to (c) thought
9. When will you _be able to_ come and see us in our new house?
(a) can (b) be able to (c) must
10. I may _have to_ go to Kiev next week because there is a very big exhibition there.
(a) have (b) have to (c) had
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Modal Verbs - Модальные глаголы
Ability and Possibility • Page 2 • Page 3
Ability and Possibility in Past
Ability and Possibility in Future
Making Guess About Future • Might and might not • Would and wouldn’t
Obligation • Page 2 • Page 3 • Page 4