Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meaning
1. Maybe he learned English as a child.
2. It was a mistake to ask her to do it.
3. I am sure Vladimir didn’t enjoy his holiday.
4. It’s possible that the police saw me.
The police ____________________________________.
5. It was unnecessary for you to study this rule.
6. It was a bad idea to go to this train station.
7. I think you were wrong to buy a new TV.
8. It’s possible that I left wallet book at home because it is not here.
9. Maybe she didn’t mean what she told about you.
10. I’m sure that your classmate took your book by mistake.
Your classmate ____________________________________.
1. I suppose you are tired after your work.
2. I am sure he was too tired to go to the cinema.
3. I regret having behaved so badly during the conference.
4. The workers weren't allowed to bring the mobile phones to meeting.
The workers ____________________________________.
5. I didn't finish reading the paper because I was surfing the Internet.
Complete the sentences
1. Your house looks great. You ____________ spent a lot of time building it.
2. Denis went running in the rain. He____________ gotten sick.
3. It was so dark that I fell down the stairs. I ____________ changed the bulb.
4. Sveta ____________ gone by bus. Why did she walk?
5. I called him but nobody answered. He ____________ gone out.
6. You ____________ tidied the front walk. It looks so clean.
7. He ____________ stolen the pen. He was with me all the time.
8. Katherine looks happy. I think she ____________ gotten a new job.
9. The borsch is all gone! Someone ____________ eaten it.
10. Victoria has won every game she's played today. She ____________ (practice) a lot.
11. I don't have anything to wear today. I ____________ (go) shopping.
12. Ira lost her comb on the way to work. She ____________ (lose) it on the bus.
13. You did very well on the exam. You ____________ (study) hard.
14. The Onopenkos ____________ (build) their house anywhere. Why did he choose here?
15. It's hot in here today. I ____________ (wear) a heavy jacket today.
16. You ____________ (feed) your frog. He has been hungry all day.
17. I didn't do very well on the test. I ____________ (spend) more time preparing for the exam.
1. Maxim ____________ gone on holiday. I saw him this morning downtown.
2. Nobody answered the phone at the office. It ____________ closed early.
3. I ____________ revised more for my test. I think I'll fail!
4. Liuda looks really pleased with herself. She ____________ passed her driving test this morning.
5. I didn't know you were going to Andrey's party yesterday. You ____________ told me!
6. I can't believe Kolya hasn't arrived yet. He ____________ caught the wrong train.
7. I can't believe Kolya hasn't arrived yet. He ____________ caught the correct train.
8. Don't lie to me that you were ill yesterday. You ____________ been ill - Valera said you were at the O.E. concert last night.
9. I don't know where they went on holiday but they bought Levas before they left so they ____________ gone to Bulgaria.
10. His number was busy all night - he ____________ been on the phone for hours.
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.
Modal Verbs - Модальные глаголы
English Language Practice
Практические задания по грамматике, вокабуляру, аудированию, чтению, разговору и письму на четырех уровнях - начальном, ниже среднего, среднем и выше среднего.