1. Fill the gaps with the correct tenses.
1. I have been learning English for eight years now.
2. Last year I didn’t work hard on English grammar, that's why my marks haven’t been so good.
3. During my last summer holidays, my parents sent me on a language course to the English4real language school.
4. It was nice and I believe I learnt a lot then.
5. Before I had gone to that course, I didn’t enjoy learning English.
6. When I was doing the language course, I made some friends.
7. There I noticed how important it was to be able to build an argument and express yourself.
8. Now I have made much more progress in learning English than I had had before I started the course.
9. At the moment I am reviewing English grammar.
10. I have already started to revise the texts in my English textbooks again to check if I have studied the vocabulary well.
11. I think I will do one module every day.
12. My final test is on 25 December, so there isn’t much time left.
13. If I do my test well, I will buy myself a nice present.
14. Then, maybe I will go to visit my grandparents.
15. By 2050, I believe I will have written a book about my life and experience.
2. Put the verbs into the correct tenses.
1. Andrey is tired because he has been working__ (work) all day.
2. By 1960 most of Britain’s old colonies _had become_ (become) independent.
3. Denis broke his leg when he was skiing__ (ski) last week.
4. Did you have_ (you/have) a nice time in Odessa?
5. Have you finished__ (you/finish) your homework yet?
6. He _has been_ (be) at his computer for six hours.
7. How long has she had__ (she/have) that car?
8. How many people died__ (die) in the fire yesterday?
9. I _do not know_ (not/know) much about art, but I like some artists.
10. I _had been waiting_ (wait) for ages when finally the bus arrived.
11. I received__ (receive) a postcard from Yana yesterday.
12. I have been correcting_ (correct) all morning, I’m exhausted.
13. I _have never been_ (never/be) sailing, what’s it like?
14. It was late. Most of the shops were closed__ (close) .
15. It _was raining_ (rain) when I got up this morning.
16. Zhanna is starting_ (start) a new job in September.
17. Nastya is having__ (have) a great time in New York at the moment.
18. She was cooking dinner when we _arrived_ (arrive) .
19. She _has just come_ (just/come) back from a Mediterranean cruise.
20. My husband is__ (be) free for most of the afternoon.
21. The children were tired because they had been swimming __ (swim) in the pool all afternoon.
22. They are going__ (go) to spend six weeks in Poland.
23. We can use the car, I _have repaired_ (repair) it.
24. We were tired because we _had been_ (be) to a party the night before.
25. We were (be) too late for the train, it had just left.
26. When I got to the airport I realized I _had forgotten_ (forget) my passport.
27. As soon as they arrived__ (arrive) we had dinner.
28. When they were driving home last night they _saw_ (see) a terrible accident.
29. Where is Roman living__ (Roman/live) now?
30. Who is Maria talking__ (Maria/talk) to?
Вы можете разместить свои варианты ответов для проверки в блоке для комментариев ниже.