Андрей Зубенко Преподаватель английского языка
I am a member of IATEFL with TKT Cambridge and TESOL certificates. I set myself the task of acquiring thorough knowledge in my profession. My goal is to help improve cross-cultural communication, using English as a common, international language.
I have participated in international practical-scientific conferences conducted by IATEFL and the British Counsel. My works have been published in the materials of scientific and practical conferences of IATEFL. My areas of interests in teaching the English language are as follows: Group English classes, preparing for tests such as IELTS and TOEFL, preparing students for FCE and PET tests, media, English for specific purposes, language teacher education, language teaching methodology, learner autonomy, innovations in language teaching. I am the author of some thematic essays relating to methods of teaching English, which are included in collections of articles published by international conferences.
Articles published include
- “How Can Teachers Activate An Educational Process, if Students Are Shy and Afraid of Speaking?” IATEFL Conference (Kyiv, April 18-19, 2008)
- “Why Do English Language Teachers Use Drama?’’ IATEFL Conference (Kyiv, March 28, 2009)
- “Language Summer Camp as a Method of Development of Communication Skills’’
IATEFL Conference (Kyiv, April 23-24, 2010)
- “Role-playing Games and Teaching English’’ IATEFL Conference
(Kyiv, January 13-14, 2012)
- "Developing Speaking Skills through Speaking Activities’’ (2013)
- ‘‘What Methods Can Be Used for Teaching Phrasal Verbs?’’ (2014)
- "Teaching Slang’’ (2014)
- "Collaborative and Cooperative learning’’ (2015)
- "Internet Technology as a Given Communicative Method for Teaching University Students English for Special and Academic Purposes’’ ( 2016)
- "Our Multinational Crimea’’ at conference, Yevpatoria, 2007
- "Our Museum Journey’’ at conference, Kyiv, 2008
- "Language Summer Camp 2009’’ at conference, Kyiv, 2010
- "Communicative methods’’ Warsaw, 2010
- "Pros and cons for online teaching", 2013.
Teaching and management experience
- I provided English lessons through a program on a local TV station.
- I give English presentations to local organizations and clubs.
- I organize language camps for youth, which include English lessons with native speakers and production of short educational films in English for kids.
- I apply English to every kind of media, including theater and drama productions.
- I organize and participate in workshops involving the English language.
- I organize and participate in debating clubs.
- I conduct excursions in English and use excursions as a method of learning and teaching English.
- I teach on a variety of multi-level courses.
- I took part in the 75th anniversary of the British Council in 2009.
- I publish my essays relating to methods of teaching English
- 2000 - up to the present I have been working as a freelance teacher
- 2008 - up to the present I have been publishing articles and materials relating to methods of teaching English
- 2011 - 2014 I provided English lessons through a program on a local TV station
- 2004 - up to the present I have been organizing language camps
- 2003 - up to the present I have been using excursions as a method of teaching English
- 1986 - 2000 secondary school teacher