My name is Maxim Achkasov. I am a Business English teacher. I obtained two degrees (B.A., M.A.) from the University of Manchester. Besides that I earned the Certificate of Educational Studies in the Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages, INTESOL WORLDWIDE LTD (Great Britain), and completed the course of International Business English Training (Cert IBET). I successfully passed three modules of Teacher Knowledge Test and Business English Certificate: Higher (Cambridge ESOL Examinations), and am the author of various video courses (English Grammar, Effective Presentations and Negotiating in English and other).
My interests lie in the development of blended learning programs, setting and adjusting Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Schoology, Edmodo, etc.), improving school managerial processes with the help of innovative digital technologies, and enhancing online testing / assessment procedures.
Besides that, I pretty much enjoy thought-provoking cinema, fine art, realistic and non-photoshopped photography, honest music and, most especially, words (see blog). I am married to Tatiana Achkasova with two wonderful sons - Nikita and Maxim Jr.
by Karen Turnbull and Peter Green with Open2Study
by Open2Study from International College of Management Sydney (ICMS) and Open Universities Australia (OUA)
by ALISON, Ireland
by RMIT University with Open2Study
by Debra Lunt with Open2Study
by BESIG, Trinity College London
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
The University of Manchester, Regents Theological College
INTESOL WORLDWIDE LTD, England
Private foreign languages courses online and face-to-face in Kiev.
Co-ordniator and teacher trainer at BESIG (IATEFL Ukraine).
Author of several online Russian language courses and range of video classes on Russian langauge grammar.
Director and teacher trainer at INTESOL Ukraine (franchise).
Teacher of Systematic Theology, Apologetics and Ancient Hebrew at Ukrainian Evangelical Theological Seminary, Ukraine.
Duties and responsibilities include though are not restricted to:
- designing language course curriculum;
- planning, preparing and delivering lessons to students;
- preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts;
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
- encouraging students to actively participate throughout class;
- devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- teaching small groups or on a one-to-one basis;
- participating in marketing events for the language school;
- freelance teaching on a one-to-one basis;
- administration, such as enrolling student, conducting needs analysis, keeping attendance records, awarding certificates of completion of courses.
- To create the best possible atmosphere and learning environment for the students to reach their highest goal in educational process;
- To use his creative skills, particularly in the fields of discussions and analytical thinking, to enhance and inspire the lives of his students;
- To dedicate his heart to the teaching profession, always nurturing and encouraging his students;
- To create a classroom with a challenging environment so that every student will reach his or her maximum potential intellectually and socially;
- To share his optimism and generally sunny disposition with everyone he meets, especially his students;
- To continue to grow as a teacher and as a person, taking advantage of professional classes and seminars, eventually earning his administrative credential;
- To value his students, to show them respect, and to build their self-esteem in some way every day.
- Every student, regardless of socioeconomic or ethnic background, deserves the same quality instruction and challenging learning experiences;
- Every teacher should be a role model;
- Modern technology is one of the most useful ways to teach English as a Foreign or Second Language;
- Each student should be challenged to develop critical-thinking skills and become a lifelong learner;
- Students should be stimulated and motivated so that they’ll want to stay longer;
- Students should be treasured, respected, nurtured, praised, and encouraged.
- experienced, dedicated and energetic with positive attitude, sociable and open-minded;
- has good interpersonal communication skills;
- enjoys working with people, can build up a good rapport with both young and adult learners;
- resourceful, positive “hands-on” approach, able to positively influence and motivate others;
- organized, responsible, result-oriented;
- has the ability to deliver lessons with pace and interest.
Clean criminal record.
Trust me it is a pleasure to work with Maxim! In my experience of learning the language I have met many teachers, including the native one. Though the most effective approach turned out to be that of Maxim – the approach to his students, the study materials and diversity. Attention to details, needs of the learners, preparation and delivering the classes in a friendly atmosphere are a hallmark of Maxim.
Maxim helped me in my preparation to enter the master’s degree. Maxim’s knowledge and experience of taking international language exams and interviews was a big advantage for in the preparation process. Different variations of questions and answers, appropriate and timely points, details, strategies, tests and a thorough analysis of the results became the key to my successful admission. In this there is a significant contribution from Maxim; that is what I am grateful to him for.
I am sure that Maxim’s business will thrive and there will be more and more students!
- Duman A.